Group therapy is a dynamic, effective treatment approach that most clients enjoy. Chambers and Blohm offer a variety of groups including:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is offered year-round in a continuous cycle. This group is for people who would like to improve their ability to manage their emotions and interpersonal relationships with groups for adults, young adults and teens.. The program includes four segments: Core Mindfulness, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Emotion Regulation, and Distress Tolerance. Each segment is ten weeks long with a break between sessions from one to 4 weeks. Participants make a commitment to a ten-week series and often continue from one segment to the next. Participants must also be involved in individual therapy at least every other week with a therapist at Chambers and Blohm or elsewhere. Most participants complete the entire program and many chose to repeat it. Terri Hanson, PhD, Lauree Hellman, PMHCNS-BC, and Deb Bosch, LICSW, Robert Johnson, PhD, and Shannon Weisz, PsyD., LAC, currently co-facilitate these groups with occasional participation by professionals completing internships at the agency.
- Self-Esteem Group for Women is a ten-week program developed and facilitated by Deb Bosch, LICSW. This group empowers women to identify their self-worth and encourages participants to practice positive self-care. A variety of skills are taught to improve confidence and self-acceptance. This group is typically offered twice a year.
- Women’s Anxiety and Depression is an ongoing group led by Terri Hanson, PhD. Women who wish to address anxiety and/or depression in a group process find this group extremely supportive.
- Pain Management Psychotherapy is a ten-week group led by Terri Hanson, PhD. Individuals with any form of chronic pain are appropriate for this group. Participants must provide a statement from their physician or physical therapist outlining their physical limitations and the type of physical activity encouraged. The program teaches participants to develop a broad array of tools for managing pain and increasing activity and life satisfaction.
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and Dissociative Identity Disorder groups are offered by Terri Hanson, PhD. The DID group is an eight week program for individuals learning to manage the challenges of dissociation and personality parts. The PTSD group is a long-term group for individuals whose lives have been disrupted by trauma. Symptom management and individual goals for improving functioning are addressed.
- Relationship Challenges is a twelve-week group led by Terri Hanson, PhD. This group is for parents with adult children who have serious problems, for adults with problems managing relationships with their parents or siblings, and for those who realize they continually struggle to maintain healthy boundaries. This group focuses on solutions to those boundary problems.